Thursday, September 22, 2011

Santiago!

We are sitting in the cathedral having walked from Arca this morning. The Botafumeiro is hanging above the altar so we assume that it will fly at mass in 25 minutes. As we arrived under the archway into the square a group of people started clapping. Jill asked if I'd hired 'Rent a crowd' to welcome us! It was quite an emotional moment. Waiting for mass. Will check into the Hospederia St Martin after mass and will then go to the pilgrims' office to collect our certificates.
---

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello and well done. You have made it to Santiago ... and I hope you are all enjoying the sights and sounds of the city, and that the Monastry offers good respite tonight after your long walk. I hope you have a cloud-free night at Finnesterre, and I see there is a small moon in the night sky, so it will get nice and dark - enjoy the trip and the sunset .... it really brought closure to my walk - seeing the sunset from the west coast - while I live on the east coast of South Africa. That it was the same sun that I would see from home in Africa just blows my mind! God's creation is just magnificent.
Safe travel to your respective homes, and take some time to internalize all the experiences. With love from Kathy

ksam said...

Make sure you wave westward...I'll be on the beach today facing the east and wave back at you! Well done!! Hope these last few days are as much fun as the rest of it! Buen Camino, Karin, in the US!!

Anonymous said...

WELL DONE EVERYONE!!!